GBYC Fall Merry Mac Regatta
Great Bay Yacht Club of Dover, NH is pleased to announce the Fall Merry Mac Regatta will be held on Sunday, September 11 beginning at 9am (registration) at Hilton State Park, Dover, NH. This is a family-friendly event open to sailors of all levels!
Club History: In the spring of 1954, a group of sailors gathered with a simple purpose: "to organize and provide rules for racing this summer on Great Bay, or other places designated." Races were held each Sunday afternoon at the State Pier and included class racing for 12 foot catboats Merry Macs designed by club member Ned McIntosh and other boats by handicap. By 1958, Great Bay Yacht Club was officially registered with the State of New Hampshire as a non-profit organization whose purpose was "to foster the spirit of sailing in the community around the Great Bay area. "In 1959 the Club was able to purchase the two lots that became its home. The Club blossomed during the women's and "boat" divisions.
1. RULES: The Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS), this Notice of Race (NOR), and the Sailing Instructions (SI) as issued at the Skippers Meeting.
2. Merry Macs, Oyster River Cats, Handy Cats, Nutshell Prams, any and all small sailing boats and dinghies are more than welcome. While Merry Macs are featured, should enough other boats enter, additional starts and courses may be used.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to all ages.
Registrations: 9:00 am Hilton Park
Skippers Meeting: 10:00 am Hilton Park
First Warning: 11:30 PM +/-
Races to follow
No starts after 2:30 PM +/-
High tide is at 2:00 PM @ Dover Point
Awards, BBQ, Stories and FUN at Great Bay Yacht Club
on Wentworth Terrace following the last race
5. ENTRY: Registration officials will be on site at Hilton Park for your convenience by 9:00 am registration time, At 10:00 am, the Skippers Meeting will be held also at the park.
Please make sure you register BEFORE the Skippers meeting.
6. SAILING INSTRUCTIONS: Available the Skippers Meeting
7. SCORING: Low Point Scoring as per RRS Appendix A. There will be one discard after 5 completed races.
8. RACING AREA: Launch at the State of NH ramp at Hilton Park and race upstream in the designated area.
9. COURSES: Windward-leeward & triangle, or a combination of the two.
10. AWARDS: First through Fifth plus recognition of other boat class(s) attending
11. INFORMATION: Please text RC Tom Brown at 603-978-4765
12. LOCATION: from Portsmouth NH: Take Exit 6 and follow map below to get to Boston Harbor/ Dover Point Road which parallels the highway on the south side and drive under the highway to get to Hilton Park.
Great Bay Yacht Club (with registration and launch at Hilton Park) (View)
Dover, NH 03821